Aerification Treatment® (PAT®)
About The Performance Aerification Treatment
Fortifies the root zone with enriched permanent and semi-permanent Eco-stationsTM and soil amendments. Performance® Eco-stationsTM release organic nitrogen and organic extracts that unlock P and K in the soil and make micronutrients more bio-available for turf uptake. Performance® Eco-stationsTM also absorb plant nutrients, micronutrients and organic compounds whenever soil applications are made; re-charging and releasing beneficial compounds all season long.
Benefits of the Treatment
- Improves Nutrient-Use Efficiency by supplementing or replacing up to 50% of soil-applied NPKs.
- Improves Water-Use Efficiency by increasing the water-holding capacity of the soil, keeping moisture in the root zone longer.
- Improves soil structure to help water movement and facilitates gas exchange within the root zone.
- Adds organic matter where it is needed to supply carbon to living organisms.
- Increases root mass for enhanced nutrient uptake.
For the replacement of 25 – 50% of nitrogen applications and the addition of humic substances.
For use as an aerification amendment: Broadcast 4.5 – 8.0 lb. per 1,000 ft2 (200 – 350 lb. per acre) and drag into holes. Top-dress as normal and irrigate.
For use with conventional and organic fertilizers: Replace 20 – 50% of soil applied granular NPK with an equal amount by weight of NutriSmart-B.
For improved C.E.C., soil structure and water holding capacity.
Organic amendment (alternative to peat) for sand based root zone mixes: To meet USGA guidelines, blend Ormanica with sand at a 95:5 to 90:10 ratio of Ormanica:sand for the desired root zone mix.
Green and Tee Renovation and Construction: Add 5% Ormanica by volume to topdressing sand or broadcast after aerification at topdressing rate.