Premium Plant Compost Soil Amendment
OrmanicaTM (1% N, 0.3% P2O5 and 0.7% K2O) is an all natural, low odor, non-compacting refined premium plant compost manufactured with a proprietary process that utilizes earthworms, vegetable matter, agricultural grade mulch and beneficial bacteria. This process generates easy-to-apply uniform small particles. Their small size and large surface area allows them to break down rapidly and release its stored nutrients easily.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- More cost effective than peat and richer in nutrients than compost produced by other methods
- Fully composted, eliminating the need for sterilization. Contains no animal waste
- Rich in microbial life, which diversifies the soil microbial community
- Improves and sustains soil physical properties
- Enhances the availability of plant nutrients – increases CEC
- Increases the water holding capacity of root zone mixes reducing irrigation frequency and improving stress tolerance.
- Accelerates root initiation, establishment and development.
- Enhances germination, plant growth and crop yield
- Provides faster turf establishment and green-up
Organic amendment for sand mixes (re-seeding, over-seeding, divot-mixes, green sand, greens construction) as well as direct application to lawns, fairways and sports turf:
Soil Preparation: Incorporate Ormanica depending on soil type.
Sandy Soil – 75 – 100 lb. per 1,000 ft2 of bed
Clay Loam Soil – 50 – 75 lb. per 1,000 ft2 of bed
Silt, Clay Loam Soil – 25 – 50 lb. per 1,000 ft2 of bed
Renovation of compacted turf in conjunction with aerificationfor greens, tees, around soccer goalmouths and on sports fields: Add 5% Ormanica by volume to topdressing sand or broadcast after aerification at the topdressing rate.
Top-dressing: Add Ormanica at a rate of 10-12 lb. per 1,000 ft2 (435-525 lb./acre) in the fall and spring as a top-dressing for golf, sports turf and lawns.
Seeding, re-seeding and over-seeding: Use as a mulch on top of seed. Apply Ormanica at a rate of 10-25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 (435-1,085 lb./acre) over the entire area to be seeded.
Divot mixes, green sand, etc.: Blend 50-150 lb.Ormanica with 1 ton of sand.
Organic amendment (alternative to peat) for sand based root zone mixes: To meet USGA guidelines, blend Ormanica with sand at a 95:5 to 90:10 ratio of Ormanica:sand for the desired root zone mix.
Premium Plant Compost Products:
Do You Have Questions?
We’d Love to Hear From You!